We are very fortunate at Woodchester Endowed in that we have many parents who kindly volunteer their time and skills to help with a variety of activities at school. This can be anything from helping children with their reading to using their creative skills to run an after school art club. We are extremely grateful to parents for their support and commitment.
Volunteering is a great way of getting involved with the school community and meeting other parents. We have been fortunate and thankful to have had support from parents in running a number of clubs such as Nature Club, Football Club, Art club and Singing Club.
Becoming a member of the PTA is a great way of getting involved with organising fundraising events, which the school benefits from greatly. Please see the PTA pages for more details.
However, perhaps you are a parent who would like to volunteer your time or share specific skills with the school - practical, academic, sporting, musical or creative skills. Here is a sample list of ways you might like to get involved at Woodchester Endowed:
- Class reading - one to one reading with the children
- Accompany children on school trips
- School swimming lessons (Dursley Pool)
- Bake cakes for class cake sales
- Help at school discos
- Annual school clean-up - painting of sheds, maintenance of school grounds
- Updating and maintaining the school website
- Help with running an existing after school club or perhaps you have skills to run a new club e.g. table tennis club
- IT skills to help with the computer department
- Help with recorder club
This is not an exhaustive list and we welcome anyone who would like to get involved. For more information, please contact the school office at email@example.com
Anyone volunteering at the school will need to complete a DBS check as well as read and sign the contract for Adult Volunteers (to ensure confidentiality). They would also be asked to read the school's policies regarding child protection and e-safety.